We are accepting applications for Geodesign Fellows Program 2020-2021. Please feel free to share with your current freshmen or sophomores who will be sophomores or juniors in the 2020-2021 academic year.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Applications include the following elements:
• A personal statement which describes both your existing skills and interests and your aspirations following graduation
• A resume
• A copy of your STARS report
• A course plan indicating anticipated course work towards graduation
• One or more work samples (a final class project report or something similar)
• Three letters of recommendation that speak to your career aspirations and current skills and experiences
An interdisciplinary faculty/staff committee will review the applications and schedule interviews during the first week of April and the applicants will be notified of the results soon thereafter. The program will convene a kickoff meeting for the fellows in late April. The work itself will start in Fall Semester, 2020 and continue through the end of Summer Semester, 2021. The fellows will be expected to work 4-6 hours per week during fall and spring semesters and 30-40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks during summer. Some travel to prepare for and/or participate in workshops can be expected as well. Each of the fellows will be paid a stipend of $11,000 over the 12 months in which they serve as Geodesign Fellows (i.e., $3,000 in each of the fall and spring semesters and $5,000 in summer).
For more information visit our webpage: https://spatial.usc.edu/geodesign-fellows-program/
Published on February 11th, 2020
Last updated on April 8th, 2021