Center for Undergraduate Research in Viterbi Engineering (CURVE) Fellowship
The Center for Undergraduate Research in Viterbi Engineering (CURVE) Fellowship provides a centralized resource for undergraduate students to explore research opportunities in Viterbi early on in their undergraduate career. The goals of CURVE are to engage Viterbi students in research and mentoring communities, prepare students with skills to access the field of engineering or computer science, and provide students funding.
CURVE matches Viterbi undergraduate students with research labs. Students will be given the opportunity to gain experience on a faculty-led research project. All CURVE fellows will be provided with a stipend to aid students in the pursuit of research.
- To enable students to participate in undergraduate research early in their Viterbi career
- To promote equity and diversity in the undergraduate research experience
- To provide professional and skill development opportunities
- To foster a community of undergraduate researchers
Program benefits, eligibility and requirements:
- All Viterbi undergraduate students are eligible to apply regardless of immigration status or work authorization as this is not employment. Student must be officially declared in a Viterbi major to apply.
- Students will commit at least 5 hours per week with a faculty advisor and/or PhD mentor.
- Stipend of $1,250 per semester (Fall and Spring)
- CURVE Fellowships are awarded for the academic year (December graduates or students on LOA not eligible).
- Participating students will present their research at the end-of-year Viterbi Research Symposium.
- Additional benefits include professional development seminars on topics such as conducting literature reviews, delivering effective presentations, designing technical posters, best practices in research, writing scientific abstracts, applying to PhD programs and more.
Published on September 4th, 2020
Last updated on July 27th, 2022