The Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) is a national organization of transportation professionals with more than 5,000 members, who are committed to excellence in the transportation industry. The organization provides a neutral forum for the exchange of information, ideas, and experiences, encourages the professional development of its members, and promotes industry recognition of women in the field of transportation. Part of WTS’ goal of fostering the development of women in transportation can be realized by encouraging bright new professionals to take careers in the field.
The minimum criteria for selection are as follows:
- Open to women only.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in a transportation-related field, such as civil engineering, transportation engineering or planning, aviation, transit, rail, business management, finance, or logistics with a focus on public policy.
- Currently enrolled in a school within Orange County, a current resident of Orange County or currently/have previous work experience in Orange County.
The scholarships are competitive and based on the applicant’s specific transportation involvement and goals, job skills, and academic record. Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Coursework, curriculum, academic performance, and recommendation
- Intent to pursue a career in transportation in Orange County
- Commitment to transportation as demonstrated by extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Personal statement (writing and communication skills)
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.wtsorangecounty.org/scholarships
Applications must be completed and submitted online or downloaded and scanned as a single PDF, and e-mailed to the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 3, 2021.