The SoLA Youth Showdown is an innovative competition that offers an exciting opportunity for young people between 9-14 from Los Angeles to showcase their robotics skills. Students from South LA will demonstrate their skills by integrating robotics design, programming control, artificial intelligence, team collaboration, and presentation skills. The competition occurs on Saturday, June 24, 2023, at the USC Trojan Grand Ballroom. We seek volunteers to assist with event setup, logistics, and post-competition clean-up.
We encourage enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with young people, have a passion for technology, and are committed to serving their community to join us. The SoLA Youth Showdown promises to be an engaging and educational event for all participants.
SoLA Youth Showdown
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Time: 6:00 am – 5:00 pm (Multiple Shifts Available)
Location: Trojan Grand Ballroom (TCC B41)
Volunteer Info: Volunteers will meet the team and learn more about the event logistics in a virtual orientation, date/time to be determined. Volunteers will receive a Free event day shirt, lunch, and event parking.
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
• Event Ambassador (Welcome & Directional/Multiple Shifts)
• Event Set up (Early/Multiple shifts)
• Event Registration (Strong Communication Skills Required)
• Event Clean Up (Late Availability Required)
• Anything Tech Related (Tech Background & Experience Preferred)
• Food Distribution (Strong Organizational Skills Required)
• Competition Referee (Limited Roles/Afternoon Shift)
• Photography (Professional Camera & Event Photography Experience Encouraged)
If you have any questions, please contact Noe Mora at firstname.lastname@example.org.