This isn’t what you imagined your first semester of college would be like. Thinking, researching, building connections with peers and mentors—you’ve done all of this from across the world, rather than across campus. Because of how historic this is, we want to hear from you. What have you learned, experienced, and contributed while “together apart”?
We invite first-year students to submit papers or creative works of up to 8 pages. Find complete submission details on the Together Apart website
- Have you discovered a new way to confront a challenging problem?
- Have you gained new perspective or challenged existing truths by encountering new works of art, media, or knowledge?
- Have you learned something new about yourself?
Submissions: Due Oct. 30, 5pm PT.
Conference: Papers—and your video presentation of your work—will be displayed in an online gallery for comment and discussion. Live panel presentations and discussion with selected participants and faculty moderators will follow on December 7, 8, and 9.
- First Prize (6 prizes): One set of Apple AirPods will be awarded for outstanding work, to five recipients selected by the judges and one by the audience.
- Honorable Mention (10 prizes): One pair of wired Beats headphones will be awarded for runners-up to the judges’ selections.
Visit https://dornsife.usc.edu/together-apart to submit and for further information