JEDI’s mission is to provide intercultural education and foster an environment that advocates for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion at USC. Peer educators are students who develop and implement campus trainings that address topics around identity development, race, power + privilege, gender + sexuality, and economic justice. https://seip.usc.edu/research_initiatives/initiatives/education/
This is a paid opportunity of $15/hr for peer educators to learn and grow as facilitators and leaders in the community. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are able to work in the United States.
Objectives. Peer Educators will:
– Increase their knowledge of identity development, race, power + privilege, gender + sexuality, and economic injustice
– Share JEDI knowledge with student organizations and clubs through requested workshops
– Gain experience in advocacy and facilitation
– Strengthen their presentation and leadership skills
Requirements. Peer Educators must commit to:
– A full academic year of service – Each educator must facilitate a minimum of 4 workshops per semester
– 1-week intensive orientation before Fall semester (August, dates TBD)
– Monthly in-service professional development (Monthly date TBD)
For further questions, please contact USC Student Equity and Inclusion Programs (SEIP) at email@example.com.
Published on April 12th, 2021
Last updated on April 14th, 2021