The Position (ALL VIRTUAL):
USC Viterbi School of Engineering seeks a highly motivated student for our Summer Smasher program in our Marina Del Rey location. This role will provide coordination and support for the USC Viterbi Startup Garage Program Director & Facilities Manager.
The Viterbi Startup Garage is an accelerator for early-stage technology startups and plays a central role for the Summer Smasher program, which gives students a crash course in entrepreneurship with a strong experiential component.
About the position (ALL VIRTUAL):
* Coordinate communications with program participants, schedule zooms, utilize resources, and assist with any/all operations as needed
* Assist in the administration and coordination of a variety of Summer Smasher components and provide quality control
* Provide assistance to management with administrative functions such as organizing, coordinating, scheduling, and implementing activities to meet program objectives
* Participate in collecting and organizing program information
* Arrange and attend virtual meetings, speakers series, and other related events
* Interface with faculty and/or staff and external contacts as necessary to complete program assignments
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Early August
* Interest in planning and executing events
* Experience using software platforms such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and various video conferencing platforms (Zoom); communicating and planning (Mailchimp, Jotform, Airtable, Instagram)
* Interest in working with students and professionals
* Ability to meet and manage deadlines; work independently and well under pressure.
* Strong organization and prioritization skills.
* Experience working in an academic institution; experience working in diverse workplace and/or with an international community is preferred.
Please note that a complete application includes a resume and cover letter. Only complete applications will be considered.
Submit your resume and cover letter combined in one PDF to https://tinyurl.com/SummerSmasherTa.