Graduating Seniors – there is still time to apply for designation as a Grand Challenge Scholar!
Deadline Extended: March 1, 2020 (11:59pm)
Each year, Viterbi students who successfully complete the USC Viterbi Grand Challenge Scholar program areas will be named National Academy of Engineering Grand Challenge Scholars. GCSP Scholars:
- Are honored at the Viterbi Undergraduate Awards for graduating seniors in May,
- Are recognized both by USC at graduation and the National Academy of Engineering, and
- Have a notation added as “Grand Challenge Program Scholar” in their final USC transcript.
Students interested in being designated as Grand Challenge Scholars should demonstrate involvement related to a specific Grand Challenge topic in each of the five areas to the right. Successful students will carry their involvement related to the challenge across 5 dimensions:
The various components of the program are below:
- Talent Competency
- Multidisciplinary Competence
- Innovation/Entrepreneurship Competency
- Multi-Cultural Competency
- Social Consciousness Competency
While in order to considered for Grand Challenge Scholar recognition, you must have had some experiences in each of the five components, only one of the experiences must be in “in-depth.” In other words, if you have conducted research or had an internship related to one of the NAE Grand Challenges, that can be your “in-depth” experience!
The GCSP Committee will only accept applications from graduating seniors. Each application will be evaluated on the student’s focus on their chosen Grand Challenge and interpretation of their work and experiences across the 5 dimensions.
To learn more about program requirements, the 5 dimensions of GCSP, and how to apply, visit: http://viterbiundergrad.usc.edu/gcsp/.
To Apply Visit: Spring 2020 GCSP Scholar Designation