Viterbi Learning Program
Hiring Opportunities at VLP
Interested in becoming a VLP team member?
VLP Tutors are a part of a vibrant community of certified tutors dedicated to supporting fellow Viterbi students in reaching their academic goals. VLP Tutors will teach, mentor, and lead exciting academic events throughout the school year. We would love to have you join our team! BlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlank
All openings at VLP are listed below. Apply on ConnectSC by searching for the title or Job ID #. BlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlankBlank
Viterbi Learning Program Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering Graduate Tutor
Job ID: 338069
Viterbi Learning Program Civil & Environmental Engineering Graduate Tutor
Job ID: 338068
Viterbi Learning Program Chemical Engineering Graduate Tutor
Job ID: 338487
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Viterbi Learning Program (VLP) is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated CHE, AME, and CEE Graduate Peer Tutors to support the academic goals of Viterbi students. VLP offers peer tutoring in math, science and engineering courses from across the Viterbi departments. VLP Graduate Peer Tutors will tutor, mentor, and lead academic events for Upper Division and Graduate level students.
Pay rate: $25 per hour for Graduate students
Required Hours: Hours are flexible, average 8-10 hours per week. Hours may include a mix of flexible student-scheduled tutoring, set drop-in hours, required meetings, training, prep time, and participation in academic success events.
Start Date and Working Dates: Tutor training will begin in August. Peer tutoring will run throughout Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Reinforce and teach concepts taught in courses in both one-on-one and group sessions
- Assess progress of students and tailor problems to address students’ specific needs
- Prepare for tutoring sessions by refreshing knowledge of materials beforehand
- Utilize virtual and in-person tools to enhance learning and navigate tutoring sessions in various modalities
- Support and facilitate academic success events as a VLP ambassador
- Connect students with other academic resources available
- Mentor and build relationships with students receiving tutoring through VL Pairs program
- Desire and enthusiasm to teach others
- Strong understanding of subjects/materials being taught
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and exercise good judgment
- Able to utilize different methods to teach students
- Patience, adaptability, and punctuality
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Previous experience with tutoring, teaching, or youth leadership programs is highly preferred but is not required
- Students should be in good academic standing and have at least a B in the classes that you plan to tutor
Questions or concerns? Email Alex Bronz, VLP Coordinator, at Bronz@usc.edu for assistance.
Published on January 26th, 2022
Last updated on June 6th, 2023