Center for Undergraduate Research in Viterbi Engineering (CURVE) Fellowship
Frequently Asked Questions
You should consider yourself as a First-Time Researcher if...
- You have had limited or no experience with research in general at USC. Limited experience is considered less than a year of formal research experience. If you participated in short-term research experiences (e.g. summer research programs), that also counts as limited research experience.
- You are a current USC student with limited experience in a particular research area or topic, and you are looking to get into a new lab where you have not previously worked with the PI before.
You should consider yourself as a Continuing Researcher if...
- You are a current Viterbi student who has worked in a research lab for at least a year, and you're looking to go back to the same lab for another year.
- You have already been offered a return position from the Principal Investigator, and you know what your research project will be for the year.
- You have already received at least 2 semesters of funding from CURVE.
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline; there is no benefit to submitted your application early. We encourage applicants to attend faculty information sessions prior to submitting their application.
Published on February 10th, 2021
Last updated on July 10th, 2023