Individual Student Conference Fund
Currently enrolled Viterbi students may apply for the Individual Student Conference Fund to attend conferences, workshops, and presentations. Eligible students can be awarded up to $500 per student per year. A committee comprised of Viterbi Admission & Student Engagement staff members will review applications once a month.
Please note that the committee will prioritize requests for students who are presenting or have a role at the conference. Additionally, students who can explicitly explain the professional and/or academic benefit will also be prioritized.
What can be funded?
- Students can submit requests for conference registration fees, airfare, and lodging.
2022-2023 Deadlines & Decisions
All completed applications received by each date listed below will have a decision no later than the respective decision date. Any application received after 11:59 p.m. on the deadlines listed below will be reviewed under the following month’s deadline and decision date.
|APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY||DECISION RECEIVED BY|
|September 15||October 1|
|October 15||November 1|
|November 15||December 1|
|December 15||January 9*|
|January 15||February 1|
|February 15||March 1|
|March 15||April 1|
|April 15||April 26|
*Exception made due to the University closure over winter break
*Please note there is not a request review period over the summer. Applicants must adhere to the submission deadlines outlined above.
Accessing the Application
The Individual Student Conference Fund Application is now accessible through the Funding Tool.
Have the following ready before beginning your application:
- Summary of Travel Plans & Conference
- How will the conference benefit you?
- What role do you have at the conference?
- Are you presenting at the conference? If so, what is the presentation?
- List of other funding sources (if applicable)
- Quotes (in the form of screenshots) for prices of conference fees, airfare, and/or lodging
- Proposals/presentations (if applicable)
- Additional documents that may help the committee learn more about your participation in the proposed conference
How are funds dispersed?
Once granted funds for a conference, our office will be in contact with you. They will be able to make the transaction for conference fees, airfare, and/or lodging on your behalf, so that you will not need to front the costs.
If you decide to apply for reimbursement, please work Kevin (contact below).
Associate Director, Student Org Engagement
Published on January 27th, 2023
Last updated on January 27th, 2023