Getting Involved as an Undergrad
Viterbi Research Programs for Viterbi Students
- Inclusive fellowship for undergraduate Viterbi students to be matched with research labs during the academic year
- Receive a stipend of $1250 per semester.
- All Viterbi students living in the U.S. are eligible regardless of work-authorization.
- Additional benefits include professional development seminars on topics such as conducting literature reviews, delivering effective presentations, designing technical posters, best practices in research, writing scientific abstracts, applying to PhD programs and more.
W.V.T. Rusch Undergraduate Engineering Honors Program
- The vision of the W.V.T. Rusch Undergraduate Engineering Honors Program is to increase the competitiveness of our students after graduation through the completion of a self-directed research thesis or commercialization plan.
- Students will complete the Engineering Honors Colloquium and choose either the Research or Innovation track. The program also includes special events, including weekly speaker series and senior graduation celebration.
- Students who successfully complete the program will receive an honors designation on their final transcript.
WiSE Undergraduate Research Experience
- USC Women in Science and Engineering hopes to introduce undergraduates to research at an early stage
- Demystifies the research process, supports identifying mentors, highlight funding opportunities, and locating research opportunities
- They also support upperclassmen who are interested in submitting a research proposal with a faculty mentor and receive a grant to conduct research
Grand Challenges Scholars Program
- Organize your academic and co-curricular involvement around addressing a Grand Challenge and creating positive change in the world
- Choose a Grand Challenge revolving around sustainability, security, health, and joy of living
- Earn recognition at graduation from USC and the National Academy of Engineering
Published on August 31st, 2021
Last updated on September 28th, 2022