USC Viterbi Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
How to Apply
- Read through the overview to learn about the program, its benefits, and eligibility requirements.
- Read through the FAQs to make sure you are familiar of our expectations and answer many of the questions you may have.
- Read through the Research Positions to determine which ones interest you the most. Many of the positions are interdisciplinary so be sure to look through all of the departments.
- Gather application materials since you will have to complete the application in one sitting. Please gather:
- Statement of Purpose: Provide a brief statement on what interests you about research, your academic goals and how you feel the SURE program will assist you in reaching those goals. (500 words or less)
- Resume/CV (1 page maximum)
- PDF of your official transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation from an academic source such as a professor
December 10 Application Opens
February 13 Application Deadline
February 16 – 24 Award Notifications Sent
Published on August 30th, 2021
Last updated on December 10th, 2021