WELCOME TO VITERBI!
Preparing for Orientation
We are excited to meet you and get you ready for your first semester at USC!
As you get ready for orientation, be sure to complete all of the steps below.
Step 1: Sign up for a registration appointment
- You will be assigned an orientation week based upon your major. You will have three registration windows to choose from within that week. You will receive an email to sign up for a Permit to Register during the week of May 18 – 22.
Step 2: Complete your Pre-Orientation Checklist
- This part is important! Your advisor uses this information to place you into the correct set of classes for the fall semester.
- Be sure to complete the entire Pre-Orientation Checklist, including:
- Math Placement Test
- Chem Placement Test
- Self-report all AB, IB, or A level exams
- Not sure where to find your Pre-Orientation checklist? This diagram can help.
Step 3: Complete the Viterbi Academic Expectations Blackboard Course
- This course will have information about building your fall schedule, registering for courses, and what to expect in your first semester.
Step 4: Attend a Group Advising Session
- You can sign up for a group advising session as part of the Academic Expectations course.
- The advising session will be based on your major and will go more in-depth about how to select and register for courses.
Step 5: Enroll in Courses
- You will be able to enroll in your courses during your registration window. Advisors will be available if you run into any issues during the registration process.
Are you newly admitted to USC and interested in changing your major to Engineering?
If you were admitted to another major at USC but would like to be considered for admission to the Viterbi School of Engineering, please click on this website for more information about changing your major to engineering: https://viterbiundergrad.usc.edu/pre-engineering/.
Published on September 18th, 2020
Last updated on August 5th, 2021