Center for Undergraduate Research in Viterbi Engineering (CURVE) Fellowship
CURVE Application Details
The 2022-23 CURVE student application is hosted through SurveyMonkey Apply. You must register for an account with your USC email to start your application.
For new CURVE applicants, please complete all application components listed below.
For returning CURVE students, please note that we are offering a limited number of continuing CURVE fellowships for the 2022-23 academic year. Applicants who have previously received the CURVE fellowship who have already secured a lab position for the academic year should also apply to the Provost’s Undergrad Research Fellowships (for those who meet eligibility requirements).
- General Application
Complete general demographic and academic information. Indicate whether you are applying as an Open Match Applicant or Self-Secure Applicant:
- Open Match: Applicants who are looking to be matched with one of the open research positions listed on the CURVE website. Once your application is submitted, we will forward your information to your top-ranked positions to be reviewed by faculty. You may receive follow-up correspondence from faculty for interviews.
- Self-Secure: Applicants who have already secured their own unpaid research positions. These are typically continuing CURVE students who have already been working at a research lab. Self-secure applicants must upload a short letter of verification from their faculty/PI confirming that they have been offered a research position for the full academic year.
Statement of Purpose (500 words or less)
For New CURVE applicants: Provide a brief statement of purpose that addresses the following prompts:
- Describe your general research interests. How do those interests relate to the labs/projects you have selected as your top choice(s)?
- How will participation in CURVE help you achieve your overall academic and/or professional goals?
For Returning CURVE students: Provide a brief statement of purpose that addresses the following prompts:
- Describe the research you have conducted so far through CURVE. How do you plan to continue with research in the coming year?
- List any skillsets you have developed from your participation in CURVE. This can also include accomplishments such as published papers, conference presentations, symposium presentations, etc.
- How will participating in CURVE for a second year help you achieve your overall academic and/or professional goals?
Upload in PDF file only. 1-page maximum. Include professional or academic experiences relevant to your lab and project choices.
For continuing students: Please upload your most recent USC transcript (official or unofficial). You are welcome to include transcripts from other institutions if you have taken coursework outside of USC that is relevant to the research project prerequisites.
Incoming USC freshmen: Transcript is not required, though you are welcome to upload AP scores if relevant to research project prerequisites.
Published on July 8th, 2022
Last updated on November 7th, 2022