EXCHANGE PROGRAM APPLICATION
Your entry point to USC
USC Application Available – August 1
USC Application Due – September 30
Decisions Sent – Mid to Late October
USC Application Available – Feb 1
USC Application Due – March 31
Decisions Sent – Mid to Late April
* Please consult with your home school on their internal application process.
ApplicationThe International Exchange Program Application for Partner School Students will be available on the dates specified in the timeline.
The University is currently reviewing how it will proceed with international programs for spring 2022 given the current situation with COVID-19. This trip is dependent on USC, Viterbi and partner university guidelines. The Viterbi School of Engineering and the University of Southern California both reserve the right to postpone or cancel this program at any time.
Please prepare your supporting PDF documents before beginning your application. Supporting documents are:
- Letter from your Exchange Program Coordinator nominating you to participate in this program.
- Financial Statement providing proof of your ability to fund your education and living expenses.
- A copy of the front page of your passport, showing your full name, photo, passport number, and expiration date.
- Transcript of all your previous and in-progress coursework (can be unofficial).
- TOEFL or IELTS exam scores.
- Your current resume, including work/professional experience, extracurricular undergraduate activities, academic or professional honors or awards, languages of fluency, and computer knowledge.
- Examples of coursework that show you have met pre-requisites for courses you are requesting to enroll in at USC. This may include syllabi, homework projects and final exams.
It is very important that all information in your application is entered accurately and exactly as it appears on your passport. Errors may cause delays in processing your J-1 visa application or other difficulties when entering the U.S.
English Language Proficiency
Beginning January 2015, all prospective exchange students must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English language to participate in their selected program. Exchange program applicants can demonstrate their proficiency via a recognized English language test or a documented interview conducted by the sponsoring department.
The Viterbi Admission & Student Affairs prefers that exchange student applicants submit scores from TOEFL or IELTS exams.
TOEFL iBT: Score 90, 20 Per Section
IELTS: Score 6, 6.5 Each Band
Scores may be expired as long as they meet the minimum requirements.
Published on August 22nd, 2016
Last updated on January 12th, 2022