INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Expand your global horizons
Gain firsthand experience with current engineering globalization issues.
Participate in an exchange program for an excellent opportunity for you to learn from peers and faculty in other countries.
Fall Semester Exchange
Spring Semester Exchange
USC application available
USC application due
Decisions from USC
Early to mid-September
Applications to partner schools due
Mid- to late March
Mid- to late September
Decisions from partner schools
Benefits of Exchange Programs
- Study at top universities around the world
- A full semester living & studying abroad
- Pursue academic work that compliments your major
- Gain a deeper understanding of a new culture
- Become fully-integrated into the culture and lifestyle of the host institution
To participate in this undergraduate program, you must:
Not sure if you qualify?
A copy of your current resume. (PDFs are preferred.)
Name and email address of your recommender, preferably a Viterbi faculty or staff member.
Answers to application questions
Recommendation letter are due no later than one day after the application deadline.
You will need to submit answers the following questions in the application. Answers should be no more than 250 words in length.
- Why are you interested in the International Exchange Program? How have you prepared for this experience, and how will it contribute to your personal and professional goals?
- Explain why you chose the exchange university that you did. How did you arrive at your decision?
- What are your expectations for your experience as an exchange student? What opportunities are you looking forward to, and what challenges are you anticipating? How will you take full advantage of those opportunities? How will you address the challenges you face?
- Why do you feel that you are an ideal candidate for this program?
Tips on Answering Application Questions
Keep in mind that we are looking for students with a clearly demonstrated interest in studying abroad.
Keep your answers concise.
Write your answers in advance and then copy/paste them into the application.
Welcome international exchange students! Please follow the links below for important information regarding your studies at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
USC is one of the leading private research universities in the U.S. and the world. An anchor institution in Los Angeles, a global center for arts, technology and international trade, USC enrolls more international students than any other U.S. university and offers extensive opportunities for internships and study abroad. With a strong tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, USC fosters a vibrant culture of public service and encourages students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge. Our alumni are the leaders of industry and commerce, pioneers in engineering and medicine, and producers of fine art, great music, and many of the most popular films ever produced.
About the Viterbi School of Engineering
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering is comprised of eight academic departments and several programs serving approximately 2700 undergraduate and 4200 graduate students. Viterbi students enjoy state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, and live Internet broadcast systems. Of its 185 tenured and tenure-track faculty, 37 are members of the National Academy of Engineering and many have won National Science Foundation CAREER Grants.
The school’s unique undergraduate and graduate programs lead to the bachelor of science, master of science and doctor of philosophy degrees in engineering; extend the frontiers of engineering knowledge; stimulate and encourage in students qualities of scholarship, leadership, and character; serve the city, the state, the nation and the world by providing for the continuing education of engineers; and offer professional engineering leadership training toward the solution of community, regional, national and global problems.