Center for Engineering Diversity
In the application, you and your parent/guardian will be asked to sign our VSI Participation Agreement. This is to ensure that you understand our expectations for participating in the program and so that you are certain that this program is a right fit for you.
- I will attend all scheduled off-campus excursions and remain with the group.
- I will not leave campus except during an off-campus excursion.
- I may go to the USC village only if accompanied by a VSI staff member.
- I will attend and participate in all scheduled activities.
- I must have my video/webcam turned on during virtual events.
- I am responsible for filling out any paperwork needed for my participation in any VSI activities and completing CED evaluation forms.
- I am expected to complete all assignments and projects.
- All cell phones and other electronics will be turned off during classes, workshops, and group activities.
- No smoking, alcohol, or drugs are allowed.
PEER MENTORSHIP GUIDELINES
- I will promptly reply to all messages from my peer mentor to schedule meetings. These messages tend to be quick, and will respond within one day.
- If I am unable to attend a scheduled meeting, I will let my peer mentor know in advance.
- I will attend all scheduled meetings with my peer mentor during VSI.
- I will attend a minimum of 3 meetings with my peer mentor per semester during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- I will sleep in my assigned room each night of the program.
- There shall be no outside visitors spending the night in our residence halls.
- Any visitors must go through our check-in and check-out process.
- The door shall be fully opened anytime there is someone in the room who is not assigned to it.
- I may not leave the residence halls from the hours of 10p - 6a.
- I agree to keep the common study and lounge areas clean and free from damage.
- I am responsible for all linens lost or not returned to the USC Housing Office.
- I agree to pay for damages or repairs to the facility, for which I was responsible for.
- I agree to pay $25 for any lost room keys and $75 for each lock replacement due to lost keys.
- I agree to follow residence halls rules listed in the USC Housing & Hospitality Services Contract & Living Agreement, which includes quiet hours, maximum occupancy, and decorations.
- I may only use the meal time three times per day Mon-Fri during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and twice a day during the weekends. I may only use the meal card for myself and may not use it for other people.
- In order to participate in VSI, I must receive the COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) and be fully vaccinated, with a booster, prior to the start of the program.
- If you are unable to receive a COVID‐19 vaccine and booster because of a disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, fill out the appropriate Religious or Medical exemption form and submit it to MySHR. Please allow 14 days for your request to be reviewed and email us proof of approval at email@example.com.
- In accordance with USC policy, CED and VSI staff are designated mandated reporters with a responsibility to report known or reasonably suspected instances of abuse, neglect, or endangerment.
- I will maintain any social media accounts in a professional manner. I represent USC, Viterbi, and VSI. Any know form of hate, discrimination, bullying, and/or harrassment published online will not be tolerated by the program.
- USC’s policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation outlines a University-wide stance against discrimination and harassment on the basis of protected characteristics, retaliation, and sepcific forms of harassment based on sex, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, and other protected identities.
- This includes physical abuse, threats of violence, verbal harassment, sexual harrassment and assault, or violation of individual rights even if conveyed online, through social media, in-person, or over the phone.
- All participants agree to adhere to appropriate conduct as outlined in USC SCampus and Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation.
Violations of these guidelines are grounds for dismissal from the program. The parent/guardian will be notified to pick up their student, if the student fails to comply with these guidelines.
We have read and discussed the guidelines and policies of the CED Summer Leadership Academy Program.
Published on April 8th, 2022
Last updated on April 15th, 2022