Center for Engineering Diversity
MESA’s mission is to help underserved and underrepresented students achieve success in STEM studies and careers with the vision to see California’s STEM workforce reflect the diversity of its population.
CED and MESA Partnership
The Center for Engineering Diversity (CED) and the K-12 STEM Center have partnered with the MESA University Program Through the new MESA University Program, CED students will be able to participate in:
- The Annual MESA state-wide Student Leadership Conference
- Canvas.com Career Development platform
- CED Transfer Mentorship Program
- CED Transfer Series
- Other programs and events tailored to Viterbi transfer students
Transfer Mentorship Program
If you are an incoming Viterbi transfer student, you can apply to be matched with a Viterbi transfer student who has already completed their first year at USC. You would meet with them 3 times a semester to learn how to navigate USC and make the most out of your first year here.
CED & Chill
The Center for Engineering Diversity will be hosting an in-person wellness break event on November 16 from 1-2pm in RTH 306. During this event, we will have different activites that promote wellness, focus and relieve stress. Some of the activites we are planning to do are:
- Gratitude Journaling - increases happiness, improves mental health, boost self-esteem
- Mindful Coloring - Decreases overall anxiety and helps with focus
- DIY Fidget or Origami - It increases focus by using tactile strategies for regulation
Along with these activites, we hope to send you off into finals season with a free goodie bag filled with various wellness items!
Published on November 11th, 2022
Last updated on November 11th, 2022