2021-22 Information Session
Friday, August 27 | 12:30-1:30 PM
The Viterbi Office of Technology Innovation & Entrepreneurship invites you to join us on Friday, August 27 @ 12:30 PM for an information session hosted by Vice Dean Ellis Meng. Come learn about:
- Competitions: Learn how to develop a business model while competing for a cash prize! Teams will also have the chance to apply for prototyping funds and have access to business and technical mentors.
- Curricular Programs and Classes: Learn to identify markets, position your technology, and pitch your ideas.
- Internship Opportunities: Become an Entrepreneur in Training in an immersive, hands-on experience in a real startup! Other internship opportunities are also available.
- $$$: Learn about how you can become eligible for a $50k NSF I-Corps grant for your startup.
- Building Your Team: Connect with like-minded students who share your passion about innovation and entrepreneurship.
Register here for the Zoom meeting link!
Viterbi Startup Garage Oceanside Chat
Breaking the Series A Barrier: From Seed to Series A
Wednesday, August 25 | 12:30-1:30 PM
Who: Raychel Espiritu (Venture Outreach Manager at The Alliance for Southern California Innovation)
What: Southern California has the right mix of talent and opportunity to produce the next major unicorns. The one ingredient that’s missing is venture capital. Join Raychel Espiritu at the next Oceanside Chat at USC Viterbi Startup Garage to learn what it takes to make it from Seed to Series A funding. She’ll share learnings from the SoCal Venture Pipeline program, a compelling solution that enables great SoCal startups to achieve success through strategic matchmaking to Series A investors. Learn about key metrics, key financials, and what’s necessary for an investor-ready pitch deck.
When: August 25, 2021 12:30 – 1:30 PM (PT)
Register here for this event!