We’re Hiring! The USC Viterbi Learning Program is actively recruiting Undergraduate Peer Tutors for Fall 2023 & Spring 2024. VLP UG Tutors enjoy a $17/hr rate, flexible scheduling, and a fun & supportive work environment. No prior tutoring experience is required. If you’re interested in securing Fall on-campus employment ASAP, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Additional job details are below. Apply on ConnectSC by searching for the title or Job ID #. Questions or concerns? Email Alex Bronz, VLP Coordinator, at Bronz@USC.edu for assistance.
Title: Viterbi Learning Program Undergraduate Peer Tutor
ConnectSC Job ID: 324474
Required Hours: Hours are flexible, maximum 20 hours per week.
Start Date and Working Dates: Mid-August start date, through Fall 2023 & Spring 2024
Pay rate: $17 per hour for Undergraduate students
- Reinforce and teach concepts taught in courses in both one-on-one and group sessions
- Assess progress of students and tailor problems to address students’ specific needs
- Prepare for tutoring sessions by refreshing knowledge of materials beforehand
- Support and facilitate academic success events as a VLP ambassador
- Connect students with other academic resources available
- Mentor and build relationships with students receiving tutoring through VL Pairs program
- Desire and enthusiasm to teach others
- Strong understanding of subjects/materials being taught
- Patience, adaptability, and punctuality
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Current undergraduate Viterbi student with Sophomore standing or above as of Fall 2023 (transfer students should have completed at least 1 semester at Viterbi)
- Students should have at least a 2.9 GPA
Published on May 17th, 2023
Last updated on May 17th, 2023