Approaching NOI Deadline: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019
Proposal Deadline: March 5, 2020
NASA and NIA invite you and your students to participate in the 2020 Revolutionary Aerospace Systems Concepts – Academic Linkage (RASC-AL) engineering design competition. To participate, interested teams of university students will be asked to respond to one of 5 themes thatrange from expanding on how we use current and future assets in cis-lunar space to designing systems and architectures for exploring the Moon and Mars. There is an area of interest to everyone, including commercialization concepts!
- Theme 1: South Pole Multi-Purpose Rover
- Theme 2:International Space Station (ISS) as a Mars Mission Analog
- Theme 3: Short Surface Stay Mars Mission
- Theme 4:Commercial Cislunar Space Development
- Theme 5: Autonomous Utilization and Maintenance for Science Payloads on the Gateway and/or Mars-class Transportation
- Proof of concept via an advanced VR simulation or prototype of the proposed capability will be required of Theme 5 finalists, in lieu of the poster session. Up to $5,000 in extra stipend funding will be available for prototype development in Theme 5 only.
Up to 15 teams will be chosen to receive a $6,000 stipend intended to facilitate full participation in a competitive design review of their concepts at the RASC-AL Forum in Cocoa Beach, FL next June.
Sound interesting? Let us know by submitting a non-binding Notice of Intent (NOI) to compete by the deadline of Tuesday, October 15th.
Teams who submit an NOI by the deadline will be invited to participate in an informative Q&A session with the judges on October 31st.
Published on October 11th, 2019
Last updated on October 11th, 2019