Snyder Langston has two job openings available through Viterbi Gateway! They are looking for project engineers, both full time and summer internships! The last day to apply for these jobs are on February 5, 2016. Look below for more information on the positions:
Project Engineer Full Time Entry Level (Job ID #102938):
The Project Engineer provides administrative and technical services in the fields of scheduling, cost engineering, subcontract coordination, and general project administration. Along with job site project managers and superintendents, project engineers have responsibilities in overall project oversight and may be assigned to a particular section, subcontractor, or other facet(s) of the project.
• Assist in development of project plan as requested.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager(s) in purchasing activities including scoping and take-offs.
• Prepare and forward submittals. Confirm submittal complies with plans/specs.
• Support the development and updating of the project schedule and subcontractor detail schedules.
• Monitor and expedite material deliveries ensuring all deliveries conform with the project schedule.
• Administer subcontracts as assigned.
• Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the coordination of drawings.
• Draft change orders. Solicit prices from subcontractors and suppliers. Perform scope take-off and estimate costs.
• Aid in close out of project; includes assembling manuals and other warranties for turnover to owner and preparation final payment documents for subcontractors.
• Participate/lead training sessions.
• Act as the point person for document management applications.
Project Engineer Summer Intern (Job ID #102937):
The summer intern for Snyder Langston will be responsible for assisting a project team which can consist of a Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Superintendent on a specific project. The selected candidate will be exposed to cost estimating, planning & scheduling, materials procurement, cost control, and quality management.
• Support the project team with subcontractor and supplier coordination.
• Help prepare submittals, meeting minutes, change orders, bid proposals, RFIs, etc…
• Work with project team to assist with project layout, construction drawing, document control and progress
• May be tasked with using computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Assist project team with additional needs as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Apply through Viterbi Gateway, Job ID 102937 (summer intern) or Job ID 102938 (full time)