HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HERE to access the online application
USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association (APAA) scholarship applicants must be a full-time student (undergraduate, transfer, graduate or professional) enrolled in a USC degree program or who will be enrolled (in the case of an incoming first-year, transfer or graduate student) for the entire 2017-2018 academic year (fall and spring semesters).
Applicant must have achieved a minimum of an overall 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in his/her high school or college course work. (USC Medical students who do not receive grade points are exempt).
Applicants of all ethnic backgrounds are eligible for consideration. Additional positive consideration will be given to Asian Pacific students or students who have shown a commitment to the Asian Pacific community. Scholarships are awarded using both merit and need-based criteria.
Scholarship awards are not guaranteed from one academic year to another. All recipients are required to re-apply on an annual basis for scholarship awards.
All applications, including all supporting documents, must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. PST February 17, 2017. NO exceptions will be made. Applications and/or supporting documents that are late or incomplete WILL NOT be evaluated.
APAA SCHOLAR EXPECTATIONS
• Volunteer a minimum of 15 hours for the APAA during the academic year in which they receive their scholarship. These hours are fulfilled by directly participating in programs produced by the APAA.
• Remain in good university standing (conduct and academics).
• Write a letter of gratitude to the donor of their particular scholarship award.
• Attend the Annual Scholar Reception in the fall of 2015 and the APAA Scholarship and Awards Gala in the spring of 2016.
• February 17, 2017 – Application deadline. Application form and all supporting documents must be received by this date.
• Late-March, 2017 – Finalists will be selected for a personal interview.
• Early-June, 2017 – All applicants will be notified of a decision via a letter in the mail.
• August, 2017 – Fall award applied to student’s university tuition account (50% of total award).
• January, 2017 – Spring award applied to student’s university tuition account (50% of total award).).
MORE QUESTIONS? Click here for our FAQs or call 213-740-6380