We know mandatory advising may not carry the best connotation, but we have it in place because we want to help you make the most of your time here at USC. Your mandatory advisement appointment is a time to bring up all of the goals, hopes, dreams, concerns and questions you have with your advisor. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your mandatory advisement appointment.
- Come prepared with questions. Are you wondering about any of the following opportunities? Write your questions down and bring them to your appointment!
- Taking summer classes at your local college
- Where to start looking for internships
- Study help & academic resources
- Ways to get involved
- Study abroad opportunities
- Minors and elective courses
- Review your Viterbi Undergraduate Handbook. The handbook can help you explore your interests, and the course plans will give you an idea of what you will be taking next semester. The most recent edition can be found here.
- Review your STARS report. All of that tiny text might be hard to look at, but it is really important! Your STARS report is your official document to track degree progress. Double check which GE’s you have left along with all other degree requirements.