At Fehr & Peers, we are a team of entrepreneurial individuals empowered to collaborate, innovate, and develop creative solutions that improve communities. We provide transportation planning and engineering services associated with all modes of travel. Our passion combined with our business strategy creates opportunities for personal and professional growth. We work hard, we play hard, and we invite you to explore our opportunities.
We are seeking a student from the USC Price School of Public Policy or Viterbi School of Engineering to join our Los Angeles office for up to one year as an intern, beginning in the Spring of 2017.
About the Position
Interns demonstrate the passion, experience and skills necessary to achieve success, and often have the desire to pursue a long-term career as a transportation consultant. Interns receive support and guidance from all staff in the office, based on project assignments. Interns will:
- Analyze/solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Use software effectively and make timely and informed recommendations
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic operations simulations, bicycle and pedestrian plans, freight and goods movement planning, traffic impact studies, travel demand modeling, transit planning, and regional transportation plans
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in progress in transportation or civil engineering; transportation/urban planning; or a related field (social sciences such as public policy, economics, sociology or political science; or other related major)
- Proficiency in computer software a plus, such as Microsoft Excel, the Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, traffic operations software (VISSIM, Synchro) or travel demand modeling software (TransCAD, Cube)
- Knowledge of transportation planning/engineering principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills, and presentation skills
- Spanish language fluency preferred
How to Apply: Please apply by completing an online application, including submitting a COVER LETTER AND RESUME (as one file) at http://www.fehrandpeers.com/careers/. Please specify the Los Angeles office in your location preferences.
Deadline to apply: Friday, February 24, 2017.