Before your spring 2015 semester comes to an end, you should attend the MERGE 2015 recruitment event to learn more about the graduate program in Engineering at Illinois!
Applications are due by August 15th,but don’t wait until the deadline to send in your application. MERGE is encouraging students to apply prior to summer so that they can begin connecting with recruits during the summer.
Click here to see this online <http://illinois.edu/emailer/newsletter/66751.html>
For more information check out their website: http://engineering.illinois.edu/academics/graduate/graduate-diversity-programs/merge.html>
Here is a message from them:
Interested in graduate school? We’re interested in you! http://publish.illinois.edu/illinois-engr-merge
APPLY NOW FOR MERGE 2015 AND VISIT ENGINEERING AT ILLINOIS
The Multi-Cultural Engineering Recruitment for Graduate Education (MERGE) program invites promising students like you to visit campus for an all-expense-paid, in-depth view of the outstanding programs and facilities available to graduate students at Illinois.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled or recently completed an accredited curriculum in engineering, or physics.
- Preference will be given to individuals who will be graduating in the coming year, with a GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a 4.0 point scale), and individuals whose cultural background will increase the diversity of the graduate student body.
Application Procedure: Submit the following materials no later than August 15, 2015. If applying after August 15, inquire first by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to find out if space is available.
Begin the application. <https://my.engr.illinois.edu/submit/go.asp?id=883>
Within that application, you will need to:
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Submit a 300-word essay addressing your plans for graduate study, including research interests, career goals, relevant coursework completed, and other educational experiences.
- Submit a resume.
If you have any questions contact: email@example.com
Previous MERGE programs have hosted over 618 students from over 85 universities across the United States and Puerto Rico. The MERGE program will be held on the Urbana-Champaign campus October 9-10, 2015. Travel dates will be October 8 and October 10, 2015.
ENGINEERING AT ILLINOIS: THE FUTURE STARTS HERE
At Illinois, we create and invent the next frontiers of science and engineering. Our graduates become leaders in industries, agencies and institutions around the world—and even in space. We hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to join our tradition of excellence by choosing Illinois.