Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. (Mathematica) is a nationally recognized firm that conducts domestic social policy research health care, welfare, education, disability, labor and other related topics. We currently have openings for entry level programmers in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office, SAS training will be provided.
- Write programs in SAS or Stata to extract, clean, and format data and to create variables for use in analyses.
- Perform statistical analyses of data using SAS, Stata, SUDAAN or other software packages, and prepare tables and graphs based on analyses.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical documentation such as data specifications, business rules, flowcharts, and technical memos.
- Work closely with policy researchers to identify, investigate, and solve day-to-day data quality issues; participate in technical meetings and code reviews; answer questions about data sources and assist in the development of policy simulation models.
Mathematica offers a competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
Qualifications for the Position
- A bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record, including courses in economics/social science, mathematics/statistics, or computer science.
- Demonstrated coding proficiency in one or more programming languages.
- Academic or work experience performing data analysis using a statistical computer package such as SAS, Stata, R, and/or SPSS a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with others in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- An interest in being a member of a team engaged in social/health policy research.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, unofficial transcript,
and salary requirements at here!