Student involvement/organizations/campus jobs at USC:
Currently, I am a committee lead for Spark SC, USC’s premier hub for student-driven entrepreneurship that connects makers across diverse communities through a culture of innovation. Additionally, I am the Community Chair for the Associated Students of Biomedical Engineering, the student run undergraduate and graduate biomedical engineering organization at USC that serves the engineering student body through academic, social, and corporate events. I am a member of the Viterbi Student Alumni Mentoring Program that matches student participants with alumni who are currently working in the industry. Lastly, I am a member of Undergraduate Student Government: Academic Affairs, a committee that focuses on any issues pertaining to academic life on campus.
During my spare time, I enjoy playing classical/rock/ ensemble guitar music as well as having jam sessions with friends. I am an avid Lakers and Kobe Bryant fan and I am a fierce sports competitor. I love listening to Pentatonix, Maroon 5, and Simon & Garfunkel. I have a passion for entrepreneurship and laboratory research. Another hobby of mine is traveling with family and friends!
Favorite memories from freshmen year:
- As a member of Spark SC, I helped coordinate the bi-annual Startup Career Fair that connects the top startups in the LA area to our immensely talented student body with the goal of providing opportunities for summer internships, jobs, and networking.
- As a part of a committee in Spark SC, I assisted with the coordination a 3-day summer conference held in San Francisco that will bring together entrepreneurial leaders from 7 of the country’s best universities to begin forming a collaborative national student-entrepreneurship community.
- Attending the annual corporate dinner arranged by ASBME and getting to learn more about the field of biomedical engineering while interacting with current professionals in the industry was a very worthwhile experience that provided me much needed insight on my major.
- As a member of the Academic Affairs Committee, I helped plan a puppy-destress event that rewarded all students who completed their course evaluations with the opportunity to play with puppies!
- Teaching an engaging and interactive lesson at a local USC magnet school as a part of ASBME with the purpose of inspiring and making children aware of the positive impact biomedical engineering has on our society.
- Attending my first USC basketball game, a wild and exhilarating quadruple overtime thriller that had the student section standing on their feet for more than two hours!
- Getting involved and meeting incredibly diverse and gifted groups of individuals while forming meaningful friendships along the way was by far the most impactful highlight of my freshman year.
Advice for freshmen:
- Find people who you enjoy being around, individuals who inspire you and constantly push you to reach your potential.
- Try to find one or more ways to have a significant and active role on campus because those types of experience will define your college experience and allow you to grow as a person.
- Manage your time wisely and find a balance between academics and other activities.
- Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone, meet new people and learn from the unique advice and experiences they have to offer (especially upperclassmen).
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! USC has a phenomenal support system that can alleviate a lot of the problems you may encounter.
- Attend the plethora of events that take place on and around campus. LA has a lot to offer, so make the most of it while you are here!